As our company is growing, we are building great teams and are looking for exceptional professionals to join us. You will be working in our Research department contributing to the discovery and development of revolutionary bispecific antibody therapeutics. Joining Merus means joining our pursuit to develop advanced therapies that address unmet needs in cancer treatment.
As Director Preclinical Research you will be responsible for proposing, planning and executing on new product programs ensuring that all research activities are of the highest quality while keeping oversight. Based on your past experience you will discuss strategic directions for our projects and prepare them for clinical development.
You will be reporting to our Chief Scientific Officer.
These will be your day-to-day tasks:
- Designing product programs in consultation with research management based on strong biological and commercial rationale, consistent with the company mission and strategy;
- Supervising the execution of discovery and preclinical research packages within a program, including proof of concept and supporting IND-enabling and clinical development stages;
- Ensuring scientific excellence across the program, holding accountability for the quality and completeness of data packages supporting project transitions;
- Identifying and seizing external opportunities that may advance the program objectives (e.g., academic relationships, novel compounds, new technologies and new approaches to understanding pathway/target biology);
- Effectively sourcing and coordinating internal and external resources.
We would like to get in touch with you if you meet the following requirements:
- You hold a PhD degree in immunology, oncology or a related field;
- You have over 10 years of relevant work experience, of which at least 5 years of experience in a similar role in the biotech of pharmaceutical industry;
- You have a track record of successfully leveraging technology platforms towards development of new therapies;
- You’re meticulous, a careful planner and know how to bring your projects to completion;
- You present your ideas well to different audiences, working with international, multi-disciplinary teams;
- You are known for your strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills;
- Your English, both written and spoken, is excellent.
Our offer: We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and flexible working hours. Our talented international teams work both in a state of the art Life Science facility in the Utrecht Science Park, Utrecht, the Netherlands, and in an office facility in Kendall Square, Cambridge, US. We also offer an excellent 401k scheme, company bonus, and 20 days annual holiday. We care about team spirit and organize several company events each year.
Merus: Working at Merus provides you with opportunities to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success. You will have the chance to make an impact within the drug development field by helping to develop bispecific antibody therapies (Biclonics®) to fight human diseases of high unmet need. Merus’ headquarters are located in the Netherlands, but we also have offices in Cambridge US and many collaborations around the world. As of 2016 we are listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange and over the last 10 years we have taken several candidate drugs into clinical trials. For more information, please visit www.merus.nl.
When hiring new employees, we look for people who will fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous, and entrepreneurial spirit of our company – a spirit that drives us to develop advanced therapies that address unmet needs in cancer and other diseases.