Triturating plant tissue before isolation

Thumb default avatar
Mar 14, 2017

Hello,

It's my first time in this place, because I've just started my adventure with molecular aspects of biology. So please, be tolerant

In last time I isolated plant tissue (roots, leaves), however the amount, which I got, was very low. Before isolation, I triturated plants' organs in liquid nitrogen. After that I did the isolation with Tri-reagent (Sigma) according the protocol. First time, when I got small account of RNA (200-300 [ng/µl]), I changed reagents (I used new isoprophanol, ethanol, DEPC), but the problem didn't disappear. So, is it possible, that too many/too little amount of the liquid nitrogen, which I used during triturating organs, is the reason of my problem?

Other hand - I had to use organs from Cucumis sativus (Krak) - plants grew three weeks on full-medium, however during trird week on the leaves appeared chlorosis and nerosis. If it may be a reason of so low account of RNA from roots and leaves, which I isolated?

I will be very thankful for answers and suggests!

1 Comments

Thumb default avatar
nekameneka 10 months ago

Hi wnt,

Sorry for late reply, I hope you still read it. I would like to know why you use nitrogen to do that? I think you lost a lot of RNA in this process.